Something that sounds, like, totally profound.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Focus on Judy

These types of posts can't be good for a marriage, but I can't resist sharing some of Judy's pictures that I've been scanning. It's kind of strange probing the past of your spouse and realizing that there were people who knew her well and cared for her long before I ever met her.



Long before I decided that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with her, they were making memories with her.



Judy has always had a way with people, helping bring out the best in them. As I compare her pictures to mine, I find that hers are more of the people she spends time with loves, mine are of scenery and sunsets and things that will be pretty much the same tomorrow, next year, ten years from now. People continue to change and memories speed by and change by the minute. But they can be shared and enjoyed years later with the prompting of a picture.


As I look through these pictures it's hard not to be jealous of all of those memories that I can't share with her because I wasn't there. But then, now I get to create new memories with her every day.


Then I realize how jealous those who knew her when I didn't must now be of me.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sherry said...

Steve, that was such a nice tribute to Judy.

Anonymous said...

I love your tribute to Judy. She has such a way with people. We love her, too.

Kelli said...

Judy is always looking for ways to help and serve others. That is one of the things I admire and love about her most!

Grammy Rae said...

Very cute pictures Judy. Very lovely post.