Something that sounds, like, totally profound.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lia

I wanted to get this out by Lia’s birthday on July 30, but I couldn’t think of what to say. It’s a big time in her life and a milestone in ours as well and there are a lot of emotions conflicting inside me, so nothing sounds appropriate.

She’ll be heading off to college in just a couple of weeks and won’t be with us for a few months. It will be strange and a little bit emptier.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures of her.

1993-079_edited-2

1993-095_edited-2 

We took a lot of pictures at this little turnout at Deer Creek. Now they’ve removed it to add another two lanes to the highway.

1995-492

My artsy-fartsy-kid-on-a-slide shot.

1995-144_edited-1

We both still love to nap.

1997-023

This was on a day trip we took to Vernal. I love how excited she was to share whatever with us. 

1996-223

She does still like to do things her own way. 

1997-313

I’m not sure what Berrett would say of this picture.

After Ethan's kindergarten graduation

October 110  

January 055_edited-1

IMG_4251_edited-1

IMG_8157

July252

This is one of my favorites.

IMG_6368

This is from the dance that I was supposed to write about more than a year ago.

IMG_9078

And now she’s graduated.

(Sigh)

4 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

Congratulations Lia. It does get better with time Steve. It's amazing what leaving home does for their perspective of home.

sherry said...

Lia you are beautiful!!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures at college. Have a fun time! Oh but study....very important :)

Anonymous said...

A lovely tribute to a great gal. We are looking forward to hearing about how school is going. I remember how I felt when we left RaeAnne at Ricks, but it does get better. Love you all.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats! It was so fun to have you here! What a beautiful girl, inside and out!