Something that sounds, like, totally profound.

Monday, July 27, 2009

On parade: Wherein Berrett flexes the muscles in his face

As many of you know, Berrett and Lia are both in the Orem High School Marching Band. Mountain View High doesn't have a band, but I won't go into that here. This is Berrett's first year, Lia's third. This year Lia is a section leader; she gets to order the bass instruments around.



I think that they respect her because she manages to do the heel/toe march, stay in beat, and carry an instrument that is about as large as she is over a mile-long course. I'd respect that. Besides, all the bass instrument players are guys . . . and she's not . . . and she's good looking. No it's her successful heal-toe marching.



Berrett doesn't like anyone to take his picture. If you look through the pictures that we have of him, you'll see that he seldom smiles.
I think that Judy offered him a triple-stack for this one. I know it's not because he just finished the parade and feels great because it was so fun. No, it's all about food.



Like me, both Lia and Berrett dislike street marching (which is all that I did in marching band). Lia loves field marching, which is what it is called when a band marched during half-time. Berrett hasn't done it yet. Last year at competitions (can you believe they do marching band competitions?) The band finished 1st on a number of occassions. If they do that again this year, Berrett might actually smile again . . . without being bribed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

What a handsome young man and young woman. It brings back great memories. I only wish we could have had their uniforms and not the not heavy uniforms from thirty years ago.

sherry said...

Wahoo you updated your blog and Wahoo Berrett smiled...Wahoo!