Friday, May 9.
I'm trying this out as a way to share our trip. Probably should have thought of it for Puerto Rico, but, you know. The plus for this trip is that I have access to a computer to make composition easier.
We typically would go through Price down to I-70 into Denver, but I'm tired of that drive. Yes, Spanish Fork Canyon is beautiful, but after Price it gets a bit more dismal. I needed a change. So, we went through Vernal. I've got to say, it was pretty nice. It might have something to do with the time of year. Come August, it might be all brown, but in mid spring it's rather green (by Utah standards).
Vernal also had a surprise for us. As we got to the middle of town, Judy started noticing people along the side of the road and insisted that there must be a parade happening sometime. We got stopped by a police barracade, and then fire trucks pulled onto the road, followed by people marching down the street, and more fire trucks and things. No floats. No bands. It was a parade for the Special Olympics participants,
We sat in our car in the Eastbound lane while they passed by in the Westbound lane. After 15 minutes they had all passed by and we were on our way again. Oh, and they didn't throw candy, which was disappointing. But they did get excited when I waved to them.





No comments:
Post a Comment