It’s Kyle’s birthday today, so I wanted to do a little tribute for him, like all of you do for your kids on their birthdays, but then I became overwhelmed by all of the pictures we have and couldn’t decide where to start.
Mothers seem to be able to distill their children’s lifetimes down to a few perfect pictures that characterize the transitions that each child makes as they develop. Dad’s I’m afraid, tend to miss it. I don’t know why. It’s like a dream Judy had soon after Kyle was born.
Judy dreamed that she was looking at a picture of herself and a teenage boy standing in front of a car outside of out house. She was delighted that he was handsome, tall, and happy. Being a guy, I wanted to know what kind of a car it was and if it was mine.
He was the largest of our children, and continued that way until he entered preschool. Now he is one of our thinnest.
And he was fiercely independent. He never realized that he being smaller than everyone meant that he wasn’t supposed to be able to do what everyone else did. If dad could go leave the house at 6:30 on a cold morning, Kyle could, too. If he wanted cheese, he could get it from the refrigerator and the knife from the block; but Mom would be better at cutting it. She’d know what to do if you held it in front of her face as you woke her up.
He loves spending time with his brothers and sister.
Well, most of the time.
He’s stretched himself by learning developing talents such as dance and piano. He’s surprised me by his excitement about piano. When he was asked to be a party boy (I hope that’s not prophetic) in the Nutcracker, I figured he’d get bored and frustrated with the practices. Instead, he was excited to go and enjoyed the production.
He’s good at making friends.
And enjoys relaxing.
I love his smile
Happy birthday, Kyle.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Kyle. We love you.
That was a great tribute! Happy Birthday Kyle, hope it's a great one!
Wonderful tribute Steve, you've done a great job. Hope Kyle's birthday was fun for him.
I love the pose he has struck in his play costume. Happy birthday Kyle. Nice job, Steve.
Post a Comment