In my 8th grade metal shop and drafting class, Heinz 57 was the day that we didn't have new assignments and could work on projects that we were falling behind on. I've been told that I am falling behind on my blog. I thought that once every two months was fairly active. Guess I was wrong.
Most of the news I have now is anything but; however, I do have some pictures of the olds.
Jim and Jenni visit and we take the kids sledding:
Where were you sledding? I love how the tubes have gotten so much fancier than when we were kids. Do you still have snow? We do love hearing about what everyone is doing more than every two months.
We were planning on going to Rock Canyon park, but we got off too late and it was a pretty cold night, Jim was sick, and I was feeling whimpy, so we went down the street from Mom and Dad's to Cherry Hill park. I figured that it was good enough for me as a kid, surely it's good enough for my kids. What I don't remember is the slush buildup in the circle at the bottom of the hill. It was at least six inches deep. So the kids had to go off in a different direction and couldn't enjoy the entire length of the hill (except for Berrett, who has waterproof boots and is a teenager).
The snow is finally going. We've still got several inches in shady places and where the plows left it deep, but most of the grass in our yard is gleaming yellow in the sun.
Thanks for the pictures. You know we all enjoying knowing what is going on with you. I have had a great time looking at old slides Rob scanned for us. There was one of some young kids playing in an igloo they had made. I wonder who they were.
Hey Steve! Looks like a lot of fun! How come we weren't invited? By the way, thanks for the CD, I'm a little late sorry! I really like it, and appreciated that you would think of me! Thanks Bro.!
4 comments:
Where were you sledding? I love how the tubes have gotten so much fancier than when we were kids. Do you still have snow? We do love hearing about what everyone is doing more than every two months.
We were planning on going to Rock Canyon park, but we got off too late and it was a pretty cold night, Jim was sick, and I was feeling whimpy, so we went down the street from Mom and Dad's to Cherry Hill park. I figured that it was good enough for me as a kid, surely it's good enough for my kids. What I don't remember is the slush buildup in the circle at the bottom of the hill. It was at least six inches deep. So the kids had to go off in a different direction and couldn't enjoy the entire length of the hill (except for Berrett, who has waterproof boots and is a teenager).
The snow is finally going. We've still got several inches in shady places and where the plows left it deep, but most of the grass in our yard is gleaming yellow in the sun.
Thanks for the pictures. You know we all enjoying knowing what is going on with you. I have had a great time looking at old slides Rob scanned for us. There was one of some young kids playing in an igloo they had made. I wonder who they were.
Hey Steve! Looks like a lot of fun! How come we weren't invited? By the way, thanks for the CD, I'm a little late sorry! I really like it, and appreciated that you would think of me! Thanks Bro.!
Post a Comment